Friday, February 14, 2014

MY DREAM MY FUTURE

Glion hotel management school alumnus I had a dreamChoosing a major is such a difficult decision. When I was a little girl, my dream was to be a teacher. Over the years, I changed my mind a few times, but I always came back to a job in education.
As part of my education class, I intern at Southwestern Elementary every Thursday from 8-10 a.m. and do a variety of things in the classroom. I tutor in Mrs. Wynn’s second-grade classroom. She has me either tutoring one student at a time or a group of four to five students.
Once I’ve done a little bit of hands-on work with the students, I observe her teaching styles and apply them to my small groups. Mrs. Wynn has made me part of her classroom. One the first day, she turned a corner of her room into my own little classroom. I felt like an actual teacher.
This internship and my education class helped me confirm my decision. I look forward to seeing those little second graders every week. When you find something you love to do, you know it is the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment